Golf Betting Review – Best Golf Sportsbooks & Apps
A majority of US regions have legalized sports wagering that has opened up new avenues for the bettors to exercise their skills. The online sportsbooks have further made it easier to place a bet on events and favorite sports. There are plenty of sports that you can possibly wager on in the country. Golf is one such popular sport in the US that has a massive fan base.
Golf is a sophisticated yet thrilling game that can keep you on the edges, and wagering on it is even more exciting. Among all the other states, Pennsylvania also has a good market for golf wagering. With PA golf betting you can place your bet on the favorite golf players.
Sports fans are undoubtedly interested in wagering on golf, and the legal sports betting in Pennsylvania makes it possible. Recently the state of Pennsylvania legalized sports wagering, and online sportsbooks have been gradually making their entry into the market. Whether it is the grand US open or any other golf tournament, you can wager as much as you want with the PA real money betting sites. There are multiple online sportsbooks on which you can possibly wager on.
You need to know plenty of things about PA golf betting, and this article is for those sports fans who want to know everything about wagering on golf in Pennsylvania.
So, let’s get started.
Draftkings Online Casino
FanDuel Online Casino
BetMGM Online Casino
What To Look for in a Sportsbook For Golf Betting?
The first and foremost task is to find the best Pennsylvania online sports betting sites that can provide you with the right wagering services. When it comes to choosing where to bet on golf in PA, you might be overwhelmed by the top-rated options. Though the state of Pennsylvania legalized sports wagering back in 2018, plenty of sportsbooks have emerged to serve the bettors within a short span of time. It would help if you considered several factors in your mind when you are selecting a Pennsylvania sports betting app for golf.
The first thing to consider is the operators’ licenses and certifications of the app and ascertain whether the sportsbook is legal or not. Make sure to check if the site has its dedicated mobile app that can support convenient wagering. Make sure it has an abundance of bonuses and promotions to help you mount up your rewards in the meantime. Another essential feature is the loyalty program that is given to all the consistent players on a platform. All the reputed sportsbooks offer loyalty programs for their players and ensure that the concerned Pennsylvania sports betting app has a reward system.
The banking methods also make a significant part of the online sportsbook. The more payment options for deposits and withdrawals, the more you will be able to wager with convenience. It is important to learn everything about the site and what other bettors have to say about it. Visit the official website and go through the reviews to check whether the sportsbook is popular among the players. Do not leave any stones unturned when it comes to selecting the ideal site for wagering on golf.
The Best Pennsylvania Golf Betting Sites To Trust
There are plenty of online sportsbooks in PA that you can possibly select to wager. Some of the popular ones are mentioned below-
- DraftKings: A dominant name in the DFS market, DraftKings, doesn’t need any introduction. As soon as Pennsylvania legalized sports wagering, DraftKings was among the first few sportsbooks to come to the state. Keeping the bettors engrossed in the platform, DraftKings offers tempting welcome bonuses and promotions. For instance, the sign-up bonus of $1025. It provides all standard golf bets, including top 3/5/10 head-to-head, etc. Within a short period of time, DraftKings became a leader in the PA golf betting market.
- FanDuel: Like DraftKings, FanDuel is also a popular platform in the DFS market that set its foot into PA golf betting. The platform has been a smash hit in the state. All the U.S. open bettors can avail real-time odds, extensive futures, and props. It has a simple interface that makes it easy to use. With a sign-up risk-free bonus up to $500m, the bettors always want to come back to this platform for more. Keeping you updated with the market and offering you rewards to enhance your experience, FanDuel knows what to do in order to keep the customers close.
- PointsBet: It is a brand-new sportsbook that was launched in 2019. Since then, PointsBet has been able to cater to the diverse requirements of the bettors. Providing the players with real-time, PointsBet has been able to create a sense of loyalty among the players. You can find a wide range of golf bets like futures, props, match and group wagering, etc. The seasonal promotions at PointsBet are something worth staying for. You can exercise the referral program where you will get $50 for every referral.
- SugarHouse: It was the first online sportsbook that was launched in the state of Pennsylvania. SugarHouse imbibes the legacy of its land-based version; its online sportsbook has strengthened its hold in the market. With a 100% bonus of up to $250, SugarHouse is making the wagering experience even richer for the players. You can avail of this bonus by signing up with the code PLAY250. It also has a rewards system that is exclusively for loyal players. If you want to make this most of this platform, you need to remain consistent here.
- Caesars: A name that doesn’t need any introduction in the gambling market, Caesars online sportsbook is also a big hit just like the land-based one. It is one of the longest-running sportsbooks in the industry that has bagged a credible reputation from customers. All the new entrants can avail of the whopping 100% bonus of up to $500. You can exercise different types of golf wagering here. At regular intervals, the platform will update the golf odds that will help you in making a decision.
- MGM Sportsbook: MGM Sportsbook has now become BetMGM, which has grown into a popular sportsbook in PA. As a new player will get a bonus of $500, that will add up to the next bet. BetMGM has better cash out options that makes the experience even more convenient for the players. All the major golf bets are available on this platform; you just need to choose the most suitable one for you to wager. The mobile app is highly intuitive and easy to use, which makes the wagering experience great for the players.
- Golden Nugget: It is a famous sportsbook that has been working for years. The land-based version was widely popular, and the online sportsbook is undoubtedly taking its place. The online sportsbook of Golden Nugget was launched in 2019 in the state, and within one year, it has got a massive fan following. You can find plenty of amazing bonuses and promotions here that are hard to resist. The user-friendly mobile app is easy to use and takes the wagering experience to the next level. The welcome bonus and loyalty program are the major highlights of this sportsbook.
- William Hill: A popular sports wagering site that has given the offline bettors many great opportunities. The online sportsbook is no different. The U.S. Open is the most popular golf tournament that all the bettors eagerly wait for. William Hill has made sure that all the customers get what they want, so it has aligned all the best golf bets for the U.S. Open and not to forget the regularly updated golf odds. From great bonuses to whopping loyalty programs, William Hill has done everything for the bettors to enhance their experience.
The former will be hands-down, the most popular and rewarding one when it comes to comparing the online and offline sportsbooks. You can never find sign up bonuses and loyalty programs at the offline sportsbook. You can play on your favorite Pennsylvania sports betting app from anywhere; no more queues and waiting for your turn to place your bet.
Types of Golf Bets You Should Know About
To wager rightly, it is important to know about the popular golf bets.
- Outright winner: It is the most straightforward bet where you outrightly bet on a specific player to win a certain tournament. Outright odds are much higher than wagering on a team in sports.
- Match Betting: It is a group of multiple bets that trigger a particular bet. First, a back bet is made like a player will win, and a lay bet over it like a team would not win.
- Three-ball wagers: With this, you will be allowed to bet in each round. The odds are divided among players in different groups. The bet will be placed on who will perform best in each round.
- Group Betting: It is a simple bet which is placed on a group of four golf players. You just need to predict who will make the best score.
- Props: These are not complex like other bets where you need to predict who will win or lose. You simply need to predict whether a particular event is likely to happen or not likely to happen in the tournament.
- Futures: Futures is a bet you place on an event or situation that will happen in the future. For instance, you wager on whether the person will win or lose, the particular series will have how many winners, etc.
- Live Betting: As simple as it sounds, this wagering allows you to place a bet on the live match. You will get time between the rounds to wisely place the bet.
- Each-way bet: In this, you wager on golf to win or attain a certain position in the tournament,
Famous Tournaments for Pennsylvania Golf Betting
It is one of the four prestigious professional golf championships. It occurs in the first week of April, and it is the first major golf tournament of the year.
It is an annual golf tournament hosted by the Professional Golfer’s Association in America. It is also one of the four major championships in golf. It was played in mid-August on the third week prior to Labor Day weekend.
It is the biggest open championship of golf in the United States. The U.S. Open comes in the official schedule of the PGA Tour and European Tour. The U.S. Open is scheduled to happen on 17 September.
It is the oldest golf tournament in the world. The Open Championship was founded back in 1860, which was known as the British Open back then.
Charles Schwab Challenge
The Colonial National Invitation Tournament, which was earlier known as Charles Schwab Challenge, is a professional golf tournament that comes under the PGA Tour. It is played in May.
Tips To Keep Handy for PA Golf Betting
When you are indulged in PA mobile sports betting, you need to be so sure about your moves. Some tips and strategies up your sleeve would not harm-:
Place Multiple Outright Bets
Wagering on a single player throughout the tournament will never help. You need to place a few outright bets in the tournament to emerge as a winner.
Always Check The Prop Bets
If you are wagering on U.S. Open or PGA tournaments, it is important to place prop bets every now and then. Jump on every chance to improve your wagering situation.
Learn About The Golf
The key to enhancing your wagering returns is to learn the golf game thoroughly. If you don’t know anything about golf, then there’s no point in wasting your money.
Keep a Close Eye on The Odds
Every online sportsbook provides real-time odds updates now. Keenly follow these sites to know about the odds. It will help you in understanding what is the popular bet currently.
Watch Out For The Media Hype
People have a tendency to bet on people who are popular in the industry and lauded by the media. You must only focus on the performance and other factors related to the tournament for placing the bet.
The Bottom Line
PA golf betting was legalized back in 2018, and since then, the state has been welcoming bettors from across the state to wager on their favorite players. Pennsylvania golf betting has been made simpler with the inclusion of the online sportsbook. There are plenty of popular Pennsylvania online sports betting sites such as DraftKings, FanDuel, SugarHouse, Caesars, and BetMGM. Though the current COVID-19 situation has ruined the fun of wagering for some time. Hopefully, by the end of the year, we can expect some golf tournaments to kick back. People are eagerly waiting for the US Open 2020 that is scheduled to happen in September, and that would have a special place in the hearts of the players as it will be most probably the first golf tournament amidst the COVID-19 mayhem.
Sportsbooks have been making all the efforts to contribute to the situation and keeping the bettors entertained. We can expect some radical promotions and bonuses from the PA real money betting sites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to bet on golf online in Pennsylvania?
- The state of Pennsylvania has legalized online sports wagering in 2018. You can choose from the best PA golf betting sites to start wagering. It is essential to be 21 years old to bet on sports in PA legally.
What PA sites are the best for golf betting?
- There are many top-rated Pennsylvania sports betting apps in the state that you can possibly choose. Some of the best sites, including DraftKings, FanDuel, SugarHouse, etc. Do your independent research to find a suitable sportsbook for yourself.
How can I check the latest golf odds?
- Golf odds are similar to the odds for other sports as well. Checking odds should be the first priority that will give you better insights regarding the bets' placement. Each week odds are updated on the sites and other golf wagering grids.
What is the match betting?
- It comprises multiple bets that are used to trigger a particular offer. First, a back bet is made like a player will win, and a lay bet over it like a team would not win. The wager works by cancelling out the risk on the back bet. You can bet on the same odds.
How can I deposit money to bet on golf?
- First, you need to choose a PA sports betting site to place your bet and select the type of bet you want to exercise. Look for their banking methods; most of the sportsbooks have an extensive range of payment options. Choose the one that can offer you better convenience.