Review of the Best PA Online Betting Apps
Best PA Betting Apps
How Do We Rate Betting Apps?
When you look for the best gambling apps that accept players from PA, we can assure you that we will always list the best. We want players to have an enjoyable, safe, and secure experience. Therefore, look at the following aspects.
We look for real money casino apps that have land-based partners. In most cases, they are the most reliable options with zero concerns regarding banking methods, fund withdrawing, placing wagers, etc. Even with sports betting being 100% legal in PA, we make sure bettors get only the top sites recommended for play.
While it might be a new sportsbook app, the sportsbook behind it must have a stellar reputation. We make sure that it has earned respect and loyalty from the customers before listing it.
Players will not find here a sports betting app that isn’t licensed and regulated by Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Aside from looking at gambling sites from a legal standpoint, we look also at the gambling resources available onsite, fair betting lines and odds, as well as impeccable payout methods and time frames.
Customer Service and User Experience
Once legal and technical aspects are cleared, we look at whether there’s a superior customer service available for you at all times. Moreover, an app should have an interface that is easy to use and navigate. Apps must be user-friendly, and have all the essential features for placing bets, watching live sports, etc.
Pennsylvania and USA sports betting has a key factor which is variety. Great sportsbooks have far more than totals, points spreads, or moneylines. They also have a great variety of different bet types and sports that players want.
Do you have everything you need to make a deposit or withdrawal? That is something we review as well to offer you regular payment options such as bank cards or ECH, but also e-wallets like PayPal and Neteller.
With multiple great apps for players out there, competition is pretty high. This has sportsbooks app developers spending more time and effort to offer top bonuses for their customers. In turn, we only look at bonuses that are worth mentioning.
- No deposit welcome bonuses like $20 from Unibet
- Risk-free bets, for example, FanDuel’s $500 risk-free bet
- First-time deposit matching bonuses like the 100% matching deposit of up to $500 from PlaySugarhouse
- Parlay insurances from DraftKings
- Odds boost – daily odds boost on different betting markets, also from DraftKings
Best Betting Apps
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Known as the second best DFS operator, Fanduel has an excellent app, featuring all betting markets like in-game betting, futures, parlays, plus single-game wagers. Download its casino app for iOS and Android to claim a risk-free bet of $500.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Well-known bookmaker DraftKings offers a superior app with an easy-to-use interface, and an excellent array of sports including DFS. Claim bonuses like $25 no deposit bonuses, as well as a risk-free bet of 500%.
PlaySugarHouse Sportsbook App
This one is both a user-friendly and highly functional app, with betting lines from around the world plus US sports. Players can see betting history, make payments, and claim a 100% first deposit bonus of up to $500 with only 1x wagering requirements.
Unibet Sportsbook App
Unibet for Android and Apple users offers an excellent platform that includes all bonuses including a daily odds boost promo. Also, get no deposit bonus of $20 here, as well as a first deposit risk-free bet of $250.
Parx Sportsbook App
Parx works with software from GAN. It is available for iPhone and Android with in-game betting, as well as with most pro and US college sports.
BetRivers Sportsbook App
Another feature-rich application – the BetRivers platform is identical to PlaySugarHouse since it comes from the same company. It offers top live betting, great betting lines, and a $250 matching bonus with a 1x playthrough. It’s available on both iOS and Android.
Fox Bet Sportsbook App
Fox Bet offers its players an opportunity to tweet a specific bet that they would like to use with hashtag #CustomBet. If it is successful, this bet will be made available on the sportsbook. Also, register at Fox Bet to claim a no deposit bonus of $20 before venturing to a top sports market.
What Bets Are Available at Sportsbooks Apps?
The number of bets is countless, but players are guaranteed that the following will certainly be available:
- Moneylines – loved by novices, Moneyline is a bet on a team for a straight-out win which is determined by bookmaker odds. For example, a team is set to win at -160 against another team with odds of +130. This means that players must bet $160 to win $100 on a favourite while the bet will be $100 on the underdog to win $130.
- Totals (Over/Under) – over and under bets are often simply called totals. A sportsbook will provide a line, and a bettor chooses if the score will be under or over a given line.
- Spreads – spread also describes a bet adequately where one team is favoured for a win by a specific amount of goals or points. Here players choose their favourite or an underdog according to odds. Evening out the odds is where spreads come to play.
- Parlays – with parlays, a player chooses several scores across several games. From one game to six games, each with an individual score, it is also known as the accumulator bet. It is a bet that pays out well when you choose, for example, the winner of six races on one ticket, and all of these are right.
- Teasers – players can adjust spreads to reduce odds. It is often part of parlay wagers as a specific winning strategy.
- Round Robin – this is a much less risky bet. It is good for novices who like parlays but are unfamiliar with them. Here, players choose 3×2 team parlays where only two teams need to win for it to be a winning ticket.
- Propositions – instead of wagering on a team to win, bet on aspects that make no difference to the outcome. For example, bet on who will score next, who will get the next yellow card, which team will bat first in cricket, etc.
- Futures – as the name suggests, future is a bet wagered on a match that is yet to take place. Popular to use in wagering on PGA golf tournaments, World Cup soccer, Super Bowl, and other sports games that run across an entire season.
- Live (in-play betting) – in-play is immensely popular these days, and continues to grow in its popularity. Punters want to see matches unfold while placing wagers live. Live betting allows for any type of wager mentioned here and much more.
Bet on Horse Races
Horse racing has been legal for many years with both off-track and track betting. Online apps where players can wager include BetAmerica, Hollywood sportsbook app, as well as South Philly Turf Club.
Land-Based Sportsbooks & Locations in the State
Physical sportsbooks include:
- Harrah’s Philadelphia Sportsbook which is owned and operated by Caesars – a giant in the casino industry. This full sportsbook also has a racebook, as well as a casino at Chester, PA.
- Hollywood Sportsbook is located at Penn National racecourse which is where major horse racing events take place yearly. Hollywood offers simulcast plus live betting in Grantville, PA.
- BetRivers was one of the first to launch its sportsbook in 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA
- SugarHouse was first to launch its sportsbook in PA. It also has a full casino plus a casino resort in Philadelphia, PA. It offers a full list of mobile casino games like poker, roulette, blackjack, slots, as well as plenty other real money games. You will also find there progressive jackpots for casino players.
- Parx has a superior racebook, sportsbook, as well as the largest casino in PA. with its location in Bensalem, it is close to Philadelphia.
- South Philly Turf Club is an off-track horse betting facility which now has a full sportsbook in Philadelphia.
- Valley Forge Race & Sportsbook is a full sportsbook in Oaks, PA
Sports Betting Partnerships
Pennsylvania casinos & sportsbooks can launch a competitive app when partnering with online operators. It is essential to both sportsbooks online as well as their land-based partners to have a strong bond to deliver a powerful and potentially the best online gambling app in Pennsylvania. Keep in mind that more than 90% of Pennsylvania’s bets are placed via real money betting apps, which makes it great for punters to choose their betting partners.
- SugarHouse partners with Rivers Casino Philadelphia May 2019
- Parx partners with Parx Casino June 2019
- BetRivers partners with Rivers Casino in June 2019
- Fox Bet partners with Mount Airy Casino in September 2019
- FanDuel partners with Valley Forge in July 2019
- BetAmerica partners with Presque Isle in December 2019
- Unibet partners with Mohegan Sun in November 2019
- DraftKings partners with The Meadows in November 2019
- Caesars partners with Harrah’s Philadelphia in March 2020
5 tips on How to Choose the Right Betting App?
- Make sure that an app comes from a reputable, trusted sportsbook with a good online reputation, as well as a strong online or land-based presence
- Know everything about gambling laws and regulations in terms of the app relating to states
- Understand sports odds – you will never know how to place a bet or choose a betting market if you don’t know that the odds are for or against you
- Make sure the markets you like are available – for example, when you love cricket but dislike horse racing, you don’t want an app focused on horses
- Look for an app that has easy navigation as well as a simplified player interface.
The Benefit of Betting Apps vs. Desktop
Desktops have only one benefit which is their size. However, that is also their downside, as they are not available on the go. This is the predominant benefit of gambling apps – the mobility of playing on a mobile phone compared to being stuck behind a desk.
Banking Options for App Users
Good news for sports bettors is that most applications accept similar banking methods as online casino software and land-based counterparts. Players that have to verify via sportsbook will be subjected to that via the app too. Just because it is an app on a mobile device does not mean that the safety and security of players should be lacking. Deposits are instant while withdrawals depend on the chosen method. It could range between 12 hours for e-wallets and 5 days for cards. Your funds are secure with deposit and withdrawal methods, including:
- Credit and debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) – while these are accepted methods, players should note that the attitude of banks in the USA is increasingly becoming problematic concerning funding operations for gambling. Nonetheless, all apps will accept these as both deposit and withdrawal methods.
- E-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, etc) – PA online apps accept e-wallets are fast and secure payment and withdrawal methods with minimum deposits between $10 – $20.
- Prepaid cards – PaySafeCard, PayNearMe, as well as a casino Play+ cards are very popular. They are fast, easy virtual methods of linking bank accounts to casino accounts. Players can even use this Play+ card at ATMs that accept Discover.
- Cash at a casino cage – a method that all apps accept which is great for both deposit and withdrawals. It is quick and easy, with only a few minutes to withdraw. Depsits with this method are instant and have zero fees. Minimum deposit or withdrawal amount is $10.
Is It Legal to Bet on State Sports Teams?
Yes, there is a great variety of Pennsylvania sports teams to bet on, and it is legal to bet on any one of these.
Which Online Sportsbooks Will Launch Next?
There are several sportsbook apps that are yet to launch. Some of them will certainly be strong contenders, seeing as established sportsbooks are backing them. These include William Hill, SBK Sportsbook, SkyUte Sports, as well as BetMonarch.
- How to Install Casino game Apps on Your Smartphone?
- Access the sportsbook of your choice to follow instructions for Android casino app download. As you may know, Google Play isn’t keen on gambling. Therefore, finding sportsbook or casino apps for Android can be challenging. Go to Android’s security settings to change permissions for the device to accept apps from “unknown sources”. While it remains a safe download, this is the only way that players can install an app. Click install and you are ready to register or log into a previously registered account.
- Can I bet for free as well as real cash?
- Sports betting does not work like casino games where slots or casino games are available for free play as well as play for real money. At a sportsbook, wagers are not free; players must deposit cash to wager for real cash with no free play.
- How Secure Is My Mobile Account?
- Mobile apps are regulated and licensed along with the sportsbook it is affiliated with. The apps on compatible devices such as Blackberry, Windows, as well as IOS are developed as secure, safe environments that have the same level of security as sportsbooks, with data encryption as well as SSL technology. Your mobile account, online casino bonuses, as well as payouts are 100% safe.
- Is Mobile Betting allowed in PA?
- Yes, mobile betting falls under the same laws as sports betting which was granted licensing as legal in Pennsylvania in June 2019.
- What Are The Tax Rates For Sports Betting?
- Tax rates in Pennsylvania are high at 36% for sportsbook operators. Winnings of players are also taxable with the amount depending on individual tax brackets.
- Is Daily Fantasy Sports Legal?
- Daily Fantasy Sports have been legal for far longer than sports betting. The US licensing board and federal government did not regard fantasy sports as illegal and neither as sports betting. Therefore, it has been legal on top online mobile casinos like DraftKings and FanDuel. Mobile players can check mobile casino reviews of these gaming sites and see that they are legit and with a long online history. Both of these DFS casinos are full-fledged sportsbooks. You can access reputable DFS sites that accept wagers for money on fantasy sports today.
- How Old Do You Have To Be to Legally Bet?
- Players must be 21 years old to bet online at sportsbooks, mobile casinos, or access gambling apps for real money for iPhone or Android.