More players are looking towards Pennsylvania mobile sports betting instead of desktop play for a plethora of reasons. We look at top mobile sports gambling apps that you can play on your smartphone or tablet. We tell you what to look for in real money betting apps as well as the top apps available in Pennsylvania.
How Do We Rate Betting Apps?
When you look for the best gambling apps that accept players from PA, we assure you that we list the best. We want players to have an enjoyable, safe and secure experience, therefore, look at the following aspects.
We look for both land-based partners with real money casino apps that they are reliable with zero concerns regarding banking methods, fund withdrawing, placing wagers, etc. even with sports betting legal in PA, we make sure bettors get top sites listed.
While it might be a new sportsbook app, the sportsbook behind it must have a stellar reputation. We make sure that it has earned respect before listing it.
Players will not find sports betting app here that isn’t licensed and regulated by Pennsylvania gaming control board. Aside from legal standpoint, we look at problem gambling resources available onsite, fair betting lines plus odds as well as impeccable payout methods plus time frames.
Customer service plus user experience
Once legal and technical aspects are cleared, we look at getting you superior customer service when you want it and all times regardless of day or night. Other important factors include an app interface that is easy to use and navigate. Apps must be user-friendly while containing everything to place bets, watch live sports, etc.
Pennsylvania and USA sports betting has a key factor which is variety. Great sportsbooks have far more than totals, points spread or Moneylines but hundreds or thousands of different bet types that players want. Good sportsbooks take advantage of any possible sports to offer players.
Do you have everything you need to make a deposit or withdrawal? That is something we look at to offer more than bank cards or ECH but also e-wallets like PayPal and Neteller.
With multiple great apps out there for players, competition is rive which allows sportsbooks app developers to spend more time plus effort in offering top bonuses. We look for bonuses that are not only great but worth mentioning.
- No deposit welcome bonuses like $20 from Unibet
- Risk-free bets, for example, FanDuel’s $500 risk-free bet
- First-time deposit matching bonuses like the 100% matching deposit of up to $500 from PlaySugarhouse
- Parlay insurances from DraftKings
- Odds boost – daily odds boost on different betting markets also from DraftKings
Best betting apps:
FanDuel Sportsbook app
Known as the 2nd best DFS operator, Fanduel has an excellent app featuring all betting markets like in-game betting, futures, parlays plus single-game wagers. Download its casino app for iOS and Android to claim a risk-free bet of $500.
DraftKings Sportsbook app
Well-known bookmaker DraftKings offers a superior app with an easy-to-use interface, excellent array of sports including DFS. Claim bonuses like $25 no deposit bonuses as well as risk-free bet of %500.
PlaySugarHouse Sportsbook app
This one is feature-rich, user-friendly with betting lines from around the world plus US sports. Players can see betting history, make payments as well as claim a 100% first deposit bonus of up to $500 with only 1 x wagering requirements.
Unibet Sportsbook app
Unibet for Android as well as Apple users offer an excellent platform that includes all bonuses including daily odds boost promo. Also, get no deposit bonus of $20 as well as first deposit risk-free bet of $250.
Parx Sportsbook app
Parx works with software from GAN. It is available for iPhone as well as Android with in-game betting as well as most pro and US college sports.
BetRivers Sportsbook app
Another feature-rich application the BetRivers platform is identical to PlaySugarHouse since it comes from the same company. It offers top live betting, great betting lines with a $250 matching bonus with a 1 x playthrough. It’s available on iOS as well as Android.
Fox Bet Sportsbook app
Fox Bet offers its players an opportunity to tweet a specific bet that they would like to use with hashtag #CustomBet. If it is successful, this bet will be made available on the sportsbook. Register at Fox Bet to claim no deposit bonus of $20 before venturing to a top sports market.
What bets are available at sportsbooks apps?
The number of bets is countless, but players are guaranteed hat the following will certainly be available as well.
- Moneylines – loved by novices Moneyline is a bet on a team for straight-out win which is determined by bookmaker odds. For example, a team is set to win at -160 against another team with odds of +130, it means players must be $160 to win $100 on a favourite while the bet will be $100 on the underdog to win $130.
- Totals (Over/Under) – over and under bets are often only called totals as it is what it is. A sportsbook will provide a line and a bettor chooses if the score will be under or over a given line.
- Spreads – spread also describes a bet adequately where one team is favoured to winning by a specific amount of goals or points. Here players choose their favourite or an underdog according to odds. Evening out odds is where spreads come to play.
- Parlays – with parlays a player chooses several scores across several games. From one game to six games each with an individual score it is also known as accumulator bet. it is a bet that pays out well when you choose, for example, the winner of six races on one ticket and all of these are right.
- Teasers – players can adjust spreads to reduce odds. It is often part of parlay wagers as a specific winning strategy.
- Round Robin – this is a much less risky bet that is good for novices that like parlays but unfamiliar with them. Here players choose 3 x 2 team parlays where only two teams need to win for it to be a winning ticket.
- Propositions – instead of wagering on a team to win, bet on aspects that make no difference to match outcome. For example, who will score next, who will get next yellow card, which team will bat first in cricket, etc.
- Futures – as the names say, futures it means a bet is wagered on a match that still has to play. Popular to use in wagering on PGA golf tournaments, World Cup soccer, Super Bowl etc that run across an entire season.
- Live (in-play betting) – in play is immensely popular and continues to grow. Punters want to see matches unfold while placing wagers live. Live betting allows for any type of wager mentioned here and much more.
Bet on Horse races
Horse racing has been legal for many years with both off-track and track betting. Online apps where players can wager include BetAmerica, Hollywood sportsbook app as well as South Philly Turf Club.
Land-Based Sportsbooks & Locations in the State
Physical sportsbooks include:
- Harrah’s Philadelphia Sportsbook which is under ownership and operated by giant in casino industry, Caesars. This full sportsbook also has a racebook plus full casino at Chester, PA.
- Hollywood Sportsbook is located at Penn National racecourse which is where huge horse racing takes place yearly. Hollywood offers simulcast plus live betting in Grantville, PA.
- BetRivers was one of the first to launch its sportsbook in 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA
- SugarHouse was first to launch its sportsbook in PA. It also has a full casino plus casino resort in Philadelphia, PA. It also has a full list of mobile casino games like poker, roulette, blackjack, slots as well as plenty other real money games as well as progressive jackpots for casino players aside from sports.
- Parx has a superior racebook plus sportsbook as well as largest casino in PA. with its location in Bensalem, it is close to Philadelphia.
- South Philly Turf Club is to be an off-track horse betting facility which now has a full sportsbook in Philadelphia.
- Valley Forge Race & Sportsbook is a full sportsbook in Oaks, PA
Sports betting partnerships
Pennsylvania casinos & sportsbooks can launch a competitive app when partnering with online operators. It is essential to both sportsbooks online as well as a land-based partner to have a strong bond to deliver a powerful and potentially best online gambling app in Pennsylvania. Keep in mind that more than 90% of Pennsylvania’s bets are placed via real money betting apps making it great for punters to choose their betting partners.
- SugarHouse partners with Rivers Casino Philadelphia May 2019
- Parx partners with Parx Casino June 2019
- BetRivers partners with Rivers Casino in June 2019
- Fox Bet partners with Mount Airy Casino in September 2019
- FanDuel partners with Valley Forge in July 2019
- BetAmerica partners with Presque Isle in December 2019
- Unibet partners with Mohegan Sun in November 2019
- DraftKings partners with The Meadows in November 2019
- Caesars partners with Harrah’s Philadelphia in March 2020
5 tips on How to Choose the Right Betting App?
- Make sure that an app comes from a reputable, trusted sportsbook with a good online reputation as well as strong online or land-based presence
- Know everything about gambling laws and regulation in terms of where you live and the app relating to states
- Understand sports odds or you will never know how to place a bet or choose a betting market when you don’t know if odds are against or for you
- Make sure the markets you like is available for example when you love cricket but dislike horse racing, you don’t want an app focused on horses
- Look for an app that has easy navigation as well as simplified player interface.
Benefit of Betting Apps vs. Desktop
Desktops have only one benefit which is size. However, that is also its downside as it is not available on the go. This is one predominant benefit, the mobility of playing on a mobile phone compared to being stuck behind a desk.
Banking options for App users
Good news for sports bettors is that most applications accept similar banking methods as online casino software and land-based counterparts. Players that have to verify via sportsbook will be subjected to that via app too. just because it is an app on a mobile device does not mean that players safety and security are lacking. Deposits are instant while withdrawals depend on the chosen method. It could range between 12 hours for e-wallets to 5 days for cards. Funds are secure with deposit and withdrawal methods including:
- Credit and debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) – while these are accepted methods players should note that banks in the USA are increasingly becoming problematic concerning gambling funds. All apps will accept these as both deposit and withdrawal methods, nonetheless.
- E-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, etc) – PA online apps accept e-wallets are fast, secure payment and withdrawal method with minimum deposits between $10 – $20.
- Prepaid cards -Paysafecard, Paynearme as well a casino Play + cards are very popular. It is fast, easy virtual method to link bank accounts to casino accounts. Players can even use this Play+ card at ATMs that accept Discover.
- Cash at cage – a method that all apps accept which is great for both deposit plus withdrawals. Quick as well as easy with only a few minutes to withdraw and instant deposits that have zero fees and minimum deposit or withdrawal amounts of $10.
Is it legal to bet on State sports teams?
Yes, there are a larger number of Pennsylvania sports teams to bet on and it is legal to bet on any one of these.
Which online sportsbooks will launch next?
There are several sportsbook apps still to launch which we know will certainly be strong contenders as established sportsbooks are backing them. These include William Hill, SBK Sportsbook, SkyUte Sports as well as BetMonarch.
How to Install Casino game Apps on Your Smartphone?
Access the sportsbook of choice to follow instructions for Android casino app download:
Google Play who is the partner for apps for Android devices isn’t keen on gambling. Therefore, is finding sportsbook or casino apps for Android difficult. Go to Android’s security settings to change permissions for device to accept apps from “unknown sources”, while it remains a safe download this is the only way that players can install an app. Click install and you are ready to register or log into previously registered account.
Can I bet for free as well as real cash?
Sports betting does not work like casino games where slots or casino games are free to play as well as for real money. At a sportsbook wagers are not free; players must deposit cash to wager for real cash with no free play.
How Secure Is My Mobile Account?
Mobile apps are regulated and licensed along with the sportsbook it is affiliated with. The apps on compatible devices including Blackberry, Windows as well as IOS are developed as a secure, safe environment that has the same level of security that sportsbooks have with data encryption as well as SSL technology. Your mobile account, online casino bonuses as well as payouts are 100% safe.
Is Mobile Betting allowed in PA?
Yes, mobile betting falls under the same laws as sports betting which was granted licensing as legal in Pennsylvania in June 2019.
What Are The Tax Rates For Sports Betting?
Tax rates in Pennsylvania are high at 36% for sportsbook operators. Winning from players are also taxable with the amount depending on individual tax brackets.
Is Daily Fantasy Sports Legal?
Daily Fantasy Sports have been legal for far longer than sports betting. The US licensing board and federal government did not regard fantasy sports as illegal and neither as sports betting, therefore has it been legal on top online mobile casinos like DraftKings as well as FanDuel. Mobile players can check mobile casino reviews of these gaming sites and see that they are legit with long online history. Both of these DFS casinos are full-fledged sportsbooks as well as DFS sites accepting wagers for money on sports.
How Old Do You Have To Be to Legally Bet?
Players must be 21 years old to bet online at sportsbooks, mobile casino or accessing gambling apps real money for iPhone or Android.