All you need to know about Real Money Online Casinos in Pennsylvania
The online gambling climate in the United States has been very dark for many years. While bettors across many other countries like Canada had relatively free passes, American bettors had not had such luck. The repeal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA), set up in 1992, brought a much needed reprieve to bettors in the US and Pennsylvania mainly. New Jersey was a prominent protagonist behind this repeal. Still, Pennsylvania was close behind, putting measures in place to ensure that online gambling came to the state as soon as possible. The dissolution took place in 2018, but Gov. Tom Wolf had already signed the legislation that permitted casino gambling within the state in 2017.
In July 2019, the first online PA casino launched, and today, real money Online Gambling Sites in Pennsylvania operate legally under the state’s licensing body – the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. There are currently twelve registered providers in the state as per the PGCB website. This article provides all the necessary information about how these online PA casinos operate, the requirements to get started, and essential tips on winning big at these online sites.
What To Consider in Choosing An Online PA Casino?
A significant advantage of a licensing body like the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is that each licensed Casino meets a minimum standard of practice. Irrespective, there are unique features at each online provider that makes one preferred over another. These are the significant features to consider in choosing one of the best online gambling sites in Pennsylvania.
- Reputation and Legalization: Most top providers have operated outside the US and developed a reputation before launching in America. The seal of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board verifies that a provider is legit and dependable. It is essential to choose one with a good reputation, and that offers a legal service.
- Banking methods: For a player who wants to play casino games online for real money, the first step is to fund your account. The best providers offer a wide range of deposit and withdrawal options to make the online gambling experience easier. Deposit and withdrawal times are also significant.
- Security: Many bettors are concerned about sharing their personal information on online platforms because of fear of hacks or invasion of their privacy. Most top casino providers use digital SSL encryption on their websites to ensure that personal data and financial information (like card details) are kept confidential and secure.
- Games RTP: In gambling lingua, RTP means Return To Player. The RTP of a particular game describes how much bettors win over a large number of plays. For example, on slots, the slots RTP determines how much the casino will pay players over many spins. The values are usually expressed in percentages.
- Promotions and Bonuses: These are usually unique to each online casino. Some providers offer a no deposit bonus to users once they sign up. Some others offer a risk-free bet or match the bettors’ first deposit up to a predetermined amount. There are occasional promotional offers that provide an extra edge.
- Loyalty Programs: Unlike most bonuses that tend to favor new customers, the top online casinos also have loyalty programs for their faithful users. The loyalty programs usually follow a tier system, such that gamers rise through the ranks and win more as they continue to play at the online site.
- Choice of games: The best casinos have an extensive range of gaming options from which bettors can choose. Table games, Poker, Slots, and Live dealer games are the typical range of games available. A number of them may have other games that increase their appeal. The more extensive your options are, the better.
- Software: Certain software providers run most of the top games at online casino sites. iSoftBet is one of such sand caters for several US providers.The more extensive the list of reputable software providers a casino employs, the more comprehensive the range of gaming options and the better the online gambling experience.
- Apps: A significant consideration to make in choosing a casino is convenience. And nothing spells convenience more than a mobile app. With downloadable mobile apps, bettors can play from their phones’ comfort while still retaining the web platform’s major features. There are also desktop apps that can prove useful.
- Customer support: This is important for anyone frequenting an online provider. It is essential to be clear on what the terms of operation are and to be able to contact a helpline if such need arises. Top providers have a FAQ section that answers common questions asides a dedicated response team.
Real Money Online Casino Sites in Pennsylvania
Most PA online casinos allow bettors to play games on their sites for fun without paying, provided you are at least 21 years old. This opportunity will enable gamblers to familiarize themselves with the favorite titles on which they will like to place their wagers. The only game type that is not available for free is the live dealer games. Provided that the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board licenses the site and that you are in the state when you place your wager, you are free to play on any of these online gambling sites offering real money games.
Parx Casino and Racing is one of the biggest brick and mortar casinos in the whole PA region and was one of the first providers to announce its online launch. Despite a few setbacks that caused some delay, they are now up and running. The online casino launched with GAN as their software provider, opening with Slots and a few table games. Kambi is another provider that runs games on its platform.
The online casino offers an attractive first deposit match bonus, up to $500, to new users when you use the PARX500 code. The bonus has a 20x wagering requirement depending on the game you play it on. Slots count as 100% while other games count significantly less. The casino has a mobile app available for Android and iOS. However, Apple’s policy change means that every provider must create a new, natively coded iOS app before it can be available for download at the Apple store.
MGM Online Casino
The BetMGM Casino is not yet live in Pennsylvania, but PA bettors can expect them soon. Seeing as not all land-based PA casinos sought licenses from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, they opened the door to our legit online casinos outside the state to apply as qualified gaming entities (QGE). The PGCB has approved the casino as a QSE but hasn’t approved a casino license yet. Just like their current operations in New Jersey, where GVC partners as their primary software provider, the same can be expected in PA once they fully launch – sooner rather than later.
There is also a wide range of games available and a very flexible MLife Loyalty program for existing users. And new users can benefit from two types of bonus offers – a $25 no deposit bonus and a first deposit match bonus, up to 100% of $1,000.
Hollywood Casino was one of the first to apply for a casino gambling license in PA and the very first to launch. The platform has one of the largest collections of games thanks to their list of top software providers that includes IGT and NetEnt. Their bonus offering is one of the best around. They have a $10 no deposit bonus for new players who want to try out their games for free. It has a user-friendly playthrough requirement – just 1x. There is also a deposit match bonus on your first two deposits, of 100% up to $251 making a total of $502.
Their mobile app on Android has virtually all the same features as the web platform, but their iOS software still has some way to go. The Divine Fortune slots game at Hollywood casino has probably the best RTP at 96.6%. There are also several deposit and withdrawal methods to make your experience smooth.
The Garden State welcomed BetRivers to its increasing list of online casino websites in early 2020. They have an excellent web platform that is highly responsive and easily navigable with clearly defined sections. The platform is fully optimized for Android users. They offer an excellent customer support service, and security is at a premium with the encryption software employed on their website. New users have a first deposit match bonus of up to $250 to play their extensive list of games provided by Software giants, including Everi, IGT, NetEnt, and Konami. Everything from Slots to table games and poker games is available for casino gamblers to choose from. BetRivers have the highest RTP on slots at 96.50%.
Their iRush Rewards Loyalty scheme also rewards existing players across ten tiers with loads of free gifts. Deposit and withdrawal means are at a premium with Paypal, one of the prominent options.
In terms of reputation, Unibet Casino is undoubtedly one of the most reliable providers globally. The casino gaming franchise has operated on the European market for many years and provided excellent service for players. The Unibet Casino partnered with Mohegan Sun Pocono to bring its online service to PA. There are two bonus offers for new users. A $10 no deposit once a player signs up that allows you to sample their games at no cost. There is also a $500 first-deposit match bonus as well. Promo codes apply. They have the highest average RTP in PA at 97.87%.
They have a very extensive game selection that includes progressive slots like Jackpot Shores in addition to Divine Fortune (which is the more standard progressive slot game at other casinos). The platform is also available on mobile but for Android users only as the iOS software is not yet live. At launch, they had over 140 games, and that number will only keep increasing.
The Draftkings brand is most famous for its foray into the Daily Fantasy Sports gaming space. As a DFS operator, they have built a reputation as a credible and safe online platform. And they have carried this over into the development of their online casino. While most casinos offer just one bonus for new users, DraftKings offers three mouthwatering bonuses. Once you sign up, you receive a $35 bonus free of charge. This is one of the best offers around, yet it is not all. They also give a $100 in BlackJack credits, followed by a first deposit 20% match bonus, up to $500.
There is a mobile app available to Android and iOS users, and the casino is fully integrated with the DFS and Sports betting arms of DraftKings, so you don’t have to log in from a different place. The online casino launched with a limited number of games from IGT only but should expand pretty rapidly.
FanDuel launched its Casino product in Pennsylvania in January 2020. They partnered with Valley Forge Casino to obtain a license and begin operating in the state. Like DraftKings, FanDuel became hugely popular for its activities as a Daily Fantasy Sports provider. They had begun operations in New Jersey earlier, but under the Betfair brand, one of their partners was Betfair Casino. Their experience garnered over the years as an online provider has shone through in their website development. Few can match its functionality and ease of navigation. There is also a standalone app for Android and iOS and integrated with both the FanDuel Sportsbook and casino.
FanDuel’s bonus offer is quite unique. New players have 24 hours after signing up to wager for free, as the casino will refund all net losses made, up to $200. There is a massive selection of games, including Roulette, Blackjack, slots, and live dealer games.
Rush Street Interactive owns and operates both SugarHouse. And BetRivers, and if you think BetRivers is excellent, you should try out the SugarHouse platform. The casino is very identical to the SugarHouse Casino in New Jersey and is home to some of the most popular slots and table games. Live dealer games are also aplenty at the online site. The welcome bonus is very generous, with a 100% first deposit match bonus up to $250. The most exciting part is that it only has a 1x playthrough requirement. The casino offers progressive slots on Divine Fortune and has several top software providers like NetEnt, IGT, High5, and Konami. Everything from Slots – Cleopatra, and Dead or Alive, Live dealer games on games like Ultimate Texas Hold ’em, table games, and Poker are in abundant supply at SugarHouse. They have good customer service support and a decent range of deposit and withdrawal options.
Like the BetMGM Casino, the PartyPoker Casino has not fully launched in PA just yet but applied as a qualified gaming entity (QGE). Party Poker used to be the best online poker room in the world and operated in the US until 2006 when the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) passed into law. They only returned to New Jersey in 2013 when the state started licensing poker rooms. This highlights their reputation as a lawful operator and a reliable option. There is a $25 no deposit free bonus for new players after signing up, and a 100% first deposit match bonus up to $1000.
The poker platform will be 21 years in 2021, and their online site is a testament to this with a stable platform that is easy to use, even for new players.
Harrah’s Casino is the same as Caesars Online casino, operated by Caesars Entertainment group. The casino partnered with 888 in New Jersey and did the same with Scientific games to bring its services to the Garden state. The Casino offers a $10 no deposit free bonus for new players after signing up and a 100% first deposit match bonus up to $300. With Scientific Games as its software provider, the platform has an extensive library of games that players can choose from. Cleopatra and Triple Diamonds are some popular slot titles available. There is a downloadable app on desktop and mobile, and a plethora of deposit and withdrawal options.
Online Real Money Casino Bonuses For PA players
- Welcome bonuses – Most casinos have bonuses for their new players that encourage them to continue playing – these range from No deposit bonuses to matching bonuses on their deposit.
- Reload bonuses – This type is usually for existing players that have earlier made a deposit. It is a reward for loyal customers to encourage them to keep playing.
- Payment method bonuses – This type of bonus encourages bettors to use a particular deposit method frequently.
- High roller and VIP bonuses – Most casinos have VIP programs for their existing and large figure bettors. There are additional benefits for these players to make them keep coming back.
- Refer-a-friend bonuses – These are additional freebies that players receive at some online casinos when they get another player to sign up.
The Use and Safety of Personal Information
There are privacy agreements that ensure that your online site cannot use your personal information without your permission. Most providers also have SSL encryption software to ensure your personal information and financial details are safe
What online casino games are available in PA?
The online platforms mentioned above provide a range of games that include Slots, Table Games, Poker and Live dealer games.
- Online Slots: These games are the most at any online sites, and by a significant margin. Cleopatra and Dead or Alive are some of the most popular titles.
- Table games: Roulette, Blackjack, and Baccarat are the types of table games at most casinos and these come in different varieties.
- Video poker: Gamblers who love strategy games but can’t play at live tables can take advantage of this option at online casinos.
- Live casino games: For players who want to play the experience of playing at real life casinos but prefer to do so from the comfort of their house, live dealer games are great. There are live dealer games on pretty much all of the table games.
We have covered all the basics of online casino betting in Pennsylvania. By carefully following the suggestions listed above and choosing a provider that suits you, you are in for an exciting experience.
Can I gamble online for real money in PA?
- Yes, you can.
Can I win real money on online casino sites in Pennsylvania?
- Yes. When you place real money wagers, you can win cash prizes in return.
Should I be 21 years old to have the right to gamble?
- Yes, the minimum age requirement for gambling in PA is 21 years.
Can I play for real money on my smartphone?
- Yes, provided the online casino has a mobile app.
Are there taxes on winnings in PA?
- Yes, your winnings are fully taxable by the state.